Transporting containers from Houston’s many port and rail facility takes an extra level of care. At Jetco, we’re committed to paying close attention to your specific needs and your cargo.
To ensure your shipment gets to its final destination safely and on time, Jetco’s intermodal team follows a carefully laid out procedure:
- Ensure the containers has been unladed, cleared customs and is ready for pick up; it is essential for all holds to be released before the container is ready for pickup.
- Understand the contents of the container. Heavier containers may need a tri-axle chassis. Out-of-gauge, open top and flat racks may require permits. Hazmat loads have special paperwork requirements.
- Ensure the driver has all the qualifications necessary to handle the load. Qualifications may include Hazmat certifications. All of our drivers have their TWIC cards, which are needed to enter any port property.
For intermodal loads, don’t forget to:
- Include the “Last Free Day” with your delivery order
- Provide the name of the steamship line
- Provide a copy of the bill of lading
- Ensure the booking number is correct
- Have an IMP on file with the steamship line and port for Hazmat loads
- Ensure the booking contains the correct containers size
- Include the cargo dimensions on all out-of-gauge loads (flat racks, open tops)
Questions? Contact our Intermodal team!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org